According to Dave Chaffey at Smart Insights, “Marketing Automation enables businesses to automate tasks and workflows for the marketing and sales process, including prospect and customer profiling on landing pages, lead scoring, sending automated personalized emails and web recommendations to support lead nurturing and customer engagement”.
Marketing automation is a powerful tool for marketers as it allows them to create a personalized experience for their audience and use targeted marketing messages to help drive conversions.
In order for automation to work effectively, data must be turned into insights that help to create strong customer lifetime value models and optimize marketing messages.
How it works
- Start with you needs-identify what you want to achieve from the marketing automation process.
- Know your audience-know your target audience, who they are and how you can target them? Get the detail of their persona and buying behavior. Understanding your target audience behavior is important in knowing what automation tasks you need to accomplish. Therefore, this step will help you identify the appropriate marketing automation tools to use.
- Choose the right tool-discover the right tool. Which tool is best to fulfill your requirement and to achieve your goals? Know the in and out of each tool and understand how you can maximize it to your benefit.
- Improve and grow as you go along-implementation of new strategies/tools brings changes in the workplace. Learn as you grow with the tool.
- Monitor your progress-keep an eye on your performance. Measure your work, analyze how effective your strategies are and also check your performance against the competitor.
Well, marketing automation plays a vital role in the success of your company by automating the tedious and repetitive task that takes quite a fair amount of your time.